Friday, January 8, 2010

Cat Lady- too late for moderation :-(

When I see the "Cat Lady" it makes me sad. On the one hand I don't want to judge, on the other it's nearly too much to take not to say
s o m e t h i n g.

I came across her photo by chance while surfing. My son looking over my shoulder exclaimed, "Oh my God what happened to her face?" upon seeing the pic that one can only assume was taken from a distance with a very expensive zoom lens. The portrait reveals the taut, tanned skin pulled so tight that wrinkles are replaced by dimples. Her makeup looks tattooed onto her skin, so her features appear to be well, badly drawn. Her face actually looks crooked in a full body shot further down the page. My son begged me to not cast the pic again upon my laptop's screen.

I remember when the press first began to cover the Cat Lady. It may have been an episode of 20:20 that first sensationalized this story for me--don't hold me to that. But I decided to go back and see what she looked like before her remodeling began and she was for all purposes a foxy lady. I found this really interesting piece which summarizes her life and paints an astonishingly human look at the woman, Jocelyne Wildenstein. It would make you even think that love is what drove her to these years of self mutilation under the plastic surgeon's knife. Nay I say, it was an overabundance of insecurity that drove this fox into big cat territory.

Well, I don't want to go too far in on this woman. I see what happened and I sympathize for her. In the fact that she did something strange for love, and it got the best of her. (Raises hand) Been there! Many times we might say, well at least she's rich. But can you imagine all her pain--physical and mental? But I guess she's a lesson or at least a chance to learn. I told my son, don't turn away baby, this is a chance to see what it means to go too far.

Jocelyne Wildenstein aka Cat Woman is just more proof that moderation is sexy.

3 comments:

  1. A great blog site, DJ!

    You definitely have some raw talent and believe me when I say I rarely offer that moniker! I'm easily LURKING you (I'm morally prohibited from doing the "F" thing!) and have added your blog to my B3 Favourites List to keep an evil eye on your progress!

    A very interesting topic to discuss in all it's forms - moderation - I just hope you apply the Law to your own blogging regimen, as 5 days per week will, I assume, be an unrealistic goal IF you plan not to crash and burn within the first year!

    Keep up the writing and of course, drop by the Coffee Shop to update us all on your progress!

    Cheers and Best Wishes for 2010!

    Cordially,
    MsBurb

    Burb's Buck & Buntline Inn (B3) http://burbsbuckandbuntlineinn.blogspot.com/

    2nd Official Tate-LaBianca Murders Blog (TLB2) http://2ndofficialtate-labiancamurdersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. Ms Burb, yea, burnout it's inevitable that's why I said 5 and not 7...chuckles...let's see if that whittles its way down to 3...I'm staying strong currently :-)

    Astrogalaxy - your blog is bonkers!!! (that's good) I like some smalls plushies like shawnimal, kidrobot and most of the dunny stuff :-)...
    take care!

    ReplyDelete