Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vanity

HOT BOD ...I've never had a vanity plate and I'm not sure I ever will. I may have a blog called Moderation is Sexy but I don't think I could drive around with a license plate advertising that...something like SXY MOD.

People would probably think it meant sexy model and then when guys followed me in their cars pretending to be going the same place as I, can you imagine the disappointment when the 5'3" me exits from the driver seat that is elevated to the last click?

Vanity is a funny thing. Beauty when it's pursued by anyone has the ability to become vain. We all have a vain friend, hell we might even be the vain friend. Do you constantly fuss with your hair or constantly check your mirrors or say any reflective glass you may be walking past?

Guilty! I admit, I've been prone to a bout of vanity and I justify it by saying it's balance for the times when I've felt butt ugly. I think that's perfectly okay and moreover, normal. I think we're allowed to feel ourselves from time to time. It's when it carries on too long that your friends find themselves rolling their eyes when they hear you go on one more time about your this or that. They've heard that one before so, stop yourself.

I suppose since we're all guilty of this, I don't really have much else to say about it--just moderate that and be aware of your oversized head. By the way, one side of my face is bigger than the other--a makeup artist told me that and she was right. Stuff like that will keep you in check no doubt. If you need that kind of real talk, go to Macy's State Street. The thing is, I could endure this attack on my vanity because in the end she made me look like a model - a very short, but pretty, model.

I should mention, I was suffering from a cold and really feeling sub par that day. By having my vanity destroyed and rebuilt from the outside in, I really did grow a few inches, even if they were only on the inside. There's something to being humbled; look for it from your friends and from strangers too. A little criticism never hurt anyone...in fact it can lead to much self-improvement if you aren't too defensive to hear the words. There's also something to getting a makeover when you're feeling low. A little makeup never hurt anyone either...when applied in moderation it can make you feel so sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment