Monday, January 11, 2010

Insane in the membrane

Mental...mentality...the mentalist...the quest for enlightenment begins here I think. Let's get mental for a moment.

Have you ever thought about the significance of your ability to think? Ergo, etc., and et al., Descartes, yada yada yada. Chuckle freely. I am going on about the most important reason for being in the most nonchalant way. Sorry, but what I need to say is keeping one's mind in check is tantamount to real survival, read: true freedom. So slippery it is...dream states, waking states, anxiety, depression, BOOM BOOM ain't it great to be crazy. It's all so surreal, subconscious I mean, okay sort of, well no, not really at all. Man where was I? Oh yeah, right, mentality.

This talk of positive mentality and creative visualization has made some people true believers (in something) and others more skeptical than ever. Does anyone come to their own conclusions anymore? Tells you where my head is at doesn't it? Perhaps. Who knows? Maybe I had it figured out when I was eleven and read Thoreau, declared myself a transcendentalist and got on with it, so to speak. No "secrets", no Dianetics, no Christian science, just plain old literature. Words.

Oh yea, and those nagging reference books: Merriam Websters and King James. They played a big part too. But Jesus was cool or still is, but he's hella more cryptic than Confucius, Buddha and Osho and interpretation is in the soul of the speaker. I said, "Interpretation is in the SOUL of the SPEAKER."

In some ways I couldn't live without either. When times are really rough I have two good books to get me through. Good ole Dictionary when all else fails; to master this, is really to rule the world. Good ole Bible; has more riddles than answers but that's half the fun. It's church that's kind of tedious. Oops, there I said it now now, I'm just admitting that I've tried a lot and while there's something enjoyable to it, the "ceremony" of church can be downright weird. But so are clubs, where I spend a lot of time.

The Mentalist is a fairly new show on CBS that I have yet to see but looks hokey from the commercial trailers. That's my opinion. Let me know if it's worth a spin. The guy has nice blue eyes right? Blondie.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste, or to taste or to have splattered on a windshield because you were texting and driving. We must be careful of these people and ghost bikes...here in Chicago if a cyclist is killed riding a bike, fellow riders-or maybe it's an organization-paints a bike all white and installs the bike like a monument near the spot of the accident to serve as a reminder to everyone...slow down.

Our minds are like that too. We have to slow them down, they are the original information superhighways. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you made it this far, then you've just witnessed what can happen with my mind, and I've no doubt you can do even more with your own. I've personally seen more than a few people slowly go crazy. Chemical imbalances caused by one too many slip ups: too much self medication, an emotional trauma that led to severe depression that lead to BANG schizophrenia. It's not a pretty sight. It's like watching a slow rotting corpse: sometimes you still see what was...most of the time you just smell that something's a little (or a lot), off.

Relax often; reflect and meditate. It works for me. Boom Boom ain't it great to be sex-y...Boom Boom ain't it great to be a moderate.

PS- There's a crazy game in the title link.

No comments:

Post a Comment